shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Two Days of Homeschooling complete...whew!

Wow...I have such a new found respect for all those women I have known who home schooled through the years...it carries with "it" every emotion possible all during the day. One of my favorite blogs "www.pagesofourlife.blogspot.com" asked to see what a "day" of homeschooling looks like. So here we go, however, next week after adding classical conversations it may be completely different!

I start with the "hard stuff"...smile!  I am "picky" about my coffee because I do NOT like the coffee I make at home. However, I am not heading out to Starbucks before my husband leaves so Diet Mt. Dew it is!
My kids have to be dressed and all their morning activities and eat breakfast before 8:25 then we are off to the classroom...8:30a.m.
We begin our day with prayer/Bible time(memory verse), journal writing and go over Classical Conversation work/memory. After, we begin our Math block and then Reading/phonics/spelling block with a snack time between(this is my kids favorite time!).We finish up with "penmanship".
(My daughters journal..,first day in first grade)
This brings us to about 12:00 and then we have lunch and play.  At 1:00, we will come back and do our Science/Social Studies Block..."The Body" is our first science unit to go with Classical Conversations. My son is doing our state history/government class.  We will tie up all our loose ends with this.  My one daughter is done but my son will be doing his "Essentials" work for the week and Co-op class assignments. 
My kids are thrilled to start the co-op because they will be doing gym classes, art class, Spanish class and Hands on Science/Ohio History. 
Our schedule is a little busier than I would like with extra- activities at night but we will see how it goes. 
After all this, I am done and would like to lay on this But I remember...
I need to get ready for the next day.  Each "next" day I am so excited to do something different..throw in an extra activity, a "special" art project, read an exciting book and see my children build relationships with one another.  This is one of the biggest reasons why I home schooled. I saw the "division" of my kids with one another after school. Peer relationships were becoming more important than family.  This is already a "seen" blessing!


4 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Sounds like quite a schedule! I am sure your kiddos are benefitting so much from what you are giving them day-to-day.
-Carrie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that it went well.

Way to go!!

Can't wait for the year and all that it entails :)

Talk soon,

Amy

cherry said...

Wow........you go girl! I would need mega amounts of coffee. I am thinking about homeschooling my son next year. You are an awesome mom. cherry

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

I love it! That was a fun read. Thanks for sharing!

I like your journal idea. Is that something you spear headed or are you using something to help with topic ideas?