shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Stir and Season "Saturday"
Our weekends equal "football" around here. My husband sees, feels and thinks about football...I think he is on 3 fantasy football teams and organizes fantasy teams online. So through the years, I have collected some great "football"
watching recipes....here is one of my favorites!


Lone Star Fondue
1 round loaf of bread(grocery bakery)
1/2 cup sour cream
8 oz sharp cheddar shredded
8 oz cream cheese soft
1 cup of diced ham
1/2 cup of scallions chopped
1 4 oz can of green chiles drained and chopped
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce

*Hollow out bread bowl (save bread)
-To prepare fondue; in a large bowl combine the sour cream, cheddar and cream cheese; Stir in ham, scallions, and chiles and worcestershire sauce. Spoon Mixture into bread bowl and replace it tops. Wrap the filled loaf with several layers of foil. Set on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for one hour and 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
After done put the inside bread around the bread bowl and dip and enjoy!

9 comments:

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Yeah, tomorrow is Black Out Day here for the UGA Bulldogs. My husband is a fanatic too about it! Thanks, for posting the recipe.

Becky said...

That sounds absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try it. :-D

Joy said...

Yummmmmm! This sounds delicious! I'll have to try it.
Your frame project makes such a great note board. Great idea!
I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. It's so hard to have the desires of your heart interrupted. But it is a blessing to have your health so that you can enjoy being a mommy. I pray that you will find the peace and contentment that you desire.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

This sounds like a great recipe...I will have to try it!

PS...My hubby does fantasy football and fantasy baseball....after all, he needs something to do while I blog:)

Have a great weekend!

Lisa

AJ said...

I love new recipes! I'm gonna try this one soon. My husband too is a football nut, fantasy football teams and all that goes with that. We also have a Super Bowl party every year. This recipe sounds like a hit!

heather said...

Oh. yes. Life stops for football season in this house too.

Midday Book Club said...

We are football freaks too, so I'm always looking for a new 'eat while you watch-and-yell recipe. Thanks for sharing.
~Edie

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Yes-Saturday is football day at our house-games to watch and games to attend...We made your corn dip (Who am I kidding?! I MADE my husband make it for a neighobrhood party last night...It WAS Addicting! I HATE corn chips-but we got them anyway-and it was soo good with that dip!) Next weekend, I'll make (have hubby make!) this dip! Yum!!!PS-I gave you all the credit at the party for the yummy dip!I haven't made the board yet, but next week, I will!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmmm...I make this, too, and it's always a hit!