shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Out with the old~



My girlfriend was here two weeks ago for a visit...love her dearly but she is an absolute clean "freak". She knows it...she reads my blog and she knows who I am talking about. However, I do value her opinion and I think sometimes it takes someone "new" to come and see things that you have just gotten use to!

I have or should I say "HAD" a wonderful garbage can. It was wooden, off white, matched my kitchen table and I loved it! However, the days she was here, I noticed her son touched my garbage can and then she made him wash his hands. Now, this really should not freak me out b/c this poor guy washes his hands ALOT! However, I knew!

My lid opened scared her...the warped, black wood and who knows what....SCARED her to death!

After seeing this, I saw my garbage can in a whole new {light}! It was gross inside...no matter how much lysol or bleach was put on in it! It was time to go!

In midst of this new discovery...I also came to the full knowledge that stainless steel, foot garbage cans are VERY VERY expensive. Well, we have a new one....it's clean, sleak and the foot pedal is dreamy!

Sometimes, it is time to throw out the {old} and bring in the new!

Is there anything in your house you think you have just gotten "use" to???

9 comments:

jules said...

I'm sure there are a few things that I overlook everyday. Maybe you should send your friend over here...

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Yea! You posted!
Yes...I had to update the mudroom {psoting about it soon-}.
I had room for two kids shoes, but had three kids...It was driving me insane, so I finally dealt with it this past weekend!

vicki said...

i am still laughing...
you do not want to live like me!! i swear!!

your new can is so nice ...
it is the Cadillac of garbage cans!

Busy Bee Suz said...

If I got used to it...then someone needs to bring it to my attention!! :)

Anonymous said...

I noticed our garbage can is getting past it's prime (cracked and chipped off plastic lid, stained front and inside -- ew). I planned to get a stainless steel also, with my Costco rebate check. But, alas, I spent it on Christmas gifts and have yet to take the plunge. Also, I am scared I will have a problem keeping it clean and polished on the outside. Is yours showing streaks and drips? How are you cleaning it? Do you have to use SS cleaner?

Sandy said...

Yup, that would be my new kitchen. LOL. IT was SO time for new everything!

Fun post!

Lulu and Co. said...

Now you have a very good friend!!! Can we all borrow her!! Now i'm inspecting my home to see what is yucky and no one would want to touch!
you have a very pretty can now!
xo,
LuLu

Lisa & Gerald said...

Love your post made me laugh..Love the new look...Hugs..

Ruth said...

I want one of these too but they are so very expensive.

Ruth