shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

"Slumber", "sleepless" night


It's Good Friday morning and it also begins my kids Spring break! My two oldest had friends sleepover and this morning all the kids have to get ready for a church service at noon. The girls went to bed fairly early after watching an American Girl movie.

But, those boys can literally do all nighters- I had to put on my VERY mean face at 2 am to go to bed and "hush"! My son will be dragging today!

When I was a kid, I loved sleepovers. I was an only child so it was special for me to have someone spend the night and get up with them in the morning. We would stay up late, too and try to sneak food in the cabinet or try to stick our feet straight up in the air and bicycle. I still remember those "times".

Well, I am off to make pancakes...maybe add some food coloring....lots of syrup and lots of butter for all the kids.

I think our first day off - we will all take a nap!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I bet they all had so much fun!! I was never a very good sleepover friend because I was ready to go to bed by about 10:00 at the latest. I LOVE my sleep. Now when Lexi has a friend sleep over I find it difficult to keep my eyes open since I have always gone to bed fairly early. Good thing hubby is a late night owl to help keep up with them. Enjoy your Spring Break and hope you have a wonderful Easter!♥

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Sleepovers are always fun! :) We have 2 American Girl movies (Kit & Molly) & they are really good! Hope you get some rest today & enjoy the weekend! Happy Easter!! :)
Blessings,
Stacey

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I remember those sleepovers at your house...it was always so much fun!
Have a great Easter Break-and hopefully you will catch up on your rest!