shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

What is your story???!!

This weekend, I was at a big home school convention...not to attend but I was representing a "vendor". It was quite fun. How amazing it was to meet so many {different} people and families from all over the country.

As families came or passed us...sometimes I just wanted to stop them and say "tell me your story"--just all walks of life in one {big} convention room. Amazing!

Of course, if you are a "regular" reader...you know I {heart} Starbucks. So of course, I found one in that convention center {and so did everyone else!}. A cup of Starbucks was $4.00...frozen lattes were $5.50...crazy! But, I did walk away with one...

I kept my eye out for some "bloggers" but I didn't see any or at least didn't notice any. I did see people I knew...a couple from college, a family from where we use to live, church families and "old" school families. By the end, everyone I looked at...I thought "do i know them?"....your mind wanders after a lonnngg but fun day!

Made my weekend a bit {different}...a change up every once in a while is good for the {soul}!

p.s. I found this picture in my Easter pictures...my two girls holding hands-

it made me smile!

12 comments:

Tara G. said...

I think we're going to join Mr. YH and come back to the States in July- he has a class at WPAFB for 3 weeks- maybe we can do lunch?

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

It'd certainly be interesting to hear everyone's story. I've always wondered about the stories about people traveling along certain interstates. I could go into great detail about it...but it's just something I think of every time we go for a long drive.
What vendor were you representing?

My Days with Daisy said...

Cute picture!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I look at people too, and think, what is their story...It makes me have so much more compassion, or patience or even love...
Are you going to homeschool????

Jboo said...

Adorable photo of your girls!!

Janet

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture of your girls!

I'm going to my first homeschooling conference in May. We're moving (again) this summer and I haven't decided what I'm going to do next year (public school, charter school, or homeschool). Even if I don't homeschool I think I'm going to get a Latin curricula of some kind because I would hate for my oldest to learn what he's gained so far.

When I'm in big gatherings of people I'm always hoping to run into people I know or recognize. And I LOVE to hear people's stories!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

That pictures says it all! PRECIOUS! Glad you had such a fun time at the convention!

LuLu said...

I think the same way... wonder what brought other people to the stage they are at now in life... work, family etc.
Great picture of your girls.
xo,
LuLu

Kristy said...

That pic makes my heart smile too!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I love the girls holding hands. Look how pretty they are in their Easter dresses. Just lovely.

Ruth said...

I will be attending our homeschool convention next weekend. I always look forward to it. It is such a time of encouragement and it's fun to look through all the curriculum options.

Love the picture of your girls~so sweet.

Ruth