shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Do You Bento?




Last year, while doing lunch duty, I saw a little girl who had the "greatest" lunch box. It was colorful but just looked so good and healthy. I came home that day and searched those boxes out and found out they were laptop lunches or Bento!

I must say they are fun to pack and force me to cut up fresh fruit and veggies! They wash great and my kids loved them! I am excited to do my first pita sandwich...i hope the kids eat them.

I have found some great lunch "idea" websites like this one or that one!

So do you Bento? Any suggestions for a "rookie"?


7 comments:

jules said...

I've never heard of those but they are super fun.

Mari said...

I saw these for the first time last year, but the blogger using them was from Australia. Glad to know they have made their way here. Too bad I have no kids in school anymore!

Windy said...

Where did you find them? Online? I have been looking....
I think it would be so much easier to deal with than 5 small bowls and lids:) I have banned baggies!
I started making the roll-ups for my daughter this year and she loves them, our neighbor just rolls up meat and cheese. There are so many possibilities!

Unknown said...

Those are cool! But we have no need since we homeschool! Very neat lunch ideas though! Always looking for something fun for lunch!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I just bought my picky-eater daughter a bento box and she LOVES it!! Such a great idea. Especially for picky eaters :)

xoxo
Jen

the gierlack's said...

Thanks for the link. Those are some great ideas on there. Sadie is headed to kindergarden and kids just love shaped sandwiches and fruit.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is awesome and so nutritious.