shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Just Glaze It!




I found this cute little chair for .75! I love "little" chairs". I even hang them on the walls. But, what is more exciting is that I have wanted to use my antiquing glaze. So this was the perfect thing to experiment on. I must say it was so fun and it is amazing how easy it is! I have seen this on a couple of blogs (wish I could remember!), too. It is amazing what you can glaze!





Just need the glaze, a brush and a rag. After you have painted it the color you want, you dip your brush in the glaze and apply to your "object".


Then you take your cloth and rub it in or off until you get the look you want! You may even go back and do some parts darker then others. I did this little chair so I made some of the creases darker to give it a certain look. It is TOTALLY fool proof!



After 24 hours and it has dried...you will be amazed! After doing it for the first time, I wanted to antique glaze anything I could get my hands on. The glaze makes anything painted even better!

post signature

12 comments:

Tara G. said...

You chose such a pretty color!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Lovely! I've always wanted to trying those antiquing mediums but I haven't found anything I want to try it on. Your chair is lovely!

April said...

I love how it turned out!

Unknown said...

Very cute new chair! Thanks for sharing the ideas, the project and the photos.

By the way, I like to stop by your site just to hear that ocean sound. Wouldn't it be nice to be on some warm beach today!

Blessings to you,
Melanie

Shawni said...

Darn, I'm sad I missed your give-away...I'm SO slow at responding to comments...sorry! It looks like you have some awesome stuff going on over here! Thanks so much for saying hi on my blog from time to time! I appreciate it!
Love, Shawni

Anonymous said...

It turned out really nice! I love the color!

michele said...

love it! You are so creative!!

Ruth said...

I love it with the glaze. It looks fabulous.

Ruth

Lisa & Gerald said...

Beautiful.....Love the look of the chair...Have a wonderful day..hugs..

the gierlack's said...

Super cute chair Debbie. My kids would love to have chairs like that for their dolls. I have seen them in the stores but i will not pay what they are asking. I will now have to look for some at resale shops.

Ami at A Sierra Home said...

So, so cute and LOVE that color. Wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my blog-you were the very first one I've had! So nice. Thank you a million! Ami

trish said...

That little chair is so cute!! :o)
Sincerely, Trish