shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Keeping It "Bare"

While I was cleaning up all my Christmas decor, I had a couple of days with my island "bare"..."empty"... At first, I couldn't wait to bring up my bin to decorate this "bad boy". But, as the days passed, I started to enjoy the "bareness"...it felt clean.

I actually could make all my kids sandwiches in one {swish}...boom boom boom. Having guests over for dinner turned out to be a breeze. I wasn't scattering around trying to find a "hiding" spot for all my decorations to lay out the food.

I can't tell you how much I like it...it's simple and clean. It even makes my kitchen look bigger. It's amazing!

post signature

3 comments:

vicki said...

are you taking after me ????

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I sooo Need some "bare" space... I think that is why this past year I haven't wanted to decorate {much}... I am going to work hard in 2011 to declutter...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I enjoy my surfaces bare for a bit after the holidays, too, but then things slowly make their way back out!