1. They are popping out- I almost can feel Spring saying "hello". I saw "green". I think Spring has a certain yummy smell...I smelled it today, too! I saw a neighbor getting a delivery of mulch. It seems very early. We always go back and forth about mulching each Spring...do we? do we not? I love the first two weeks of fresh, pure black mulch then after that I feel like I just wasted a couple of hundred dollars!
2. If you read me, you know I love (adore is more like it) Anne of Green Gables. Seen the movies a ton of times but I cry even more than the first time. I think I start crying before the sad "scene" even comes b/c I know it's coming! It's a beautiful story of love, true friendship, forgiveness, family and right priorities. I could quote every line in that story.
My favorite is when Anne is with her friend looking out at the waters off Prince Edward Island. She says
3. I lost my watch last week. I didn't realize how much I rely on that silver chain on my wrist. Yes, I have a phone but I miss my watch. I have had THREE of these watches. The first two I put in water-they fogged up and stopped ticking. My third one...I lost. I hope someone is enjoying it.
4. Yesterday, I received a "Save the Date". My son's really good friend is moving to Texas and they are having a going away party in May. It made me sad to put that on the calendar. I have two friends moving to Texas this summer. What is going on in Texas???What's really funny is that my husband is in the "meat" industry and we should be in Texas!
5. Have you seen the "gel" nails? It's nail polish but gel like and last longer. I read about it last night and had breakfast with a friend today who had it done. Her nails looked so pretty!