When you toss that schedule away-




After swimming lessons, I had a list a mile long of everything I needed to get accomplished for the day....it layed right next to me in the passengers seat...staring at me!

After a few minutes, talking with my daughter....

we (don't you like how I say "we"...honestly it should be "me") decided to do a little shopping. Went to one of my favorite stores....

it's just a beautiful store with such fun things....we looked at everything...

Getting into the car...we both realized we were near our favorite lunch/tearoom {spot}...so we headed there and they had one table for {2} left in the corner.

When we walked in, the lady said "Well, there is the little girl who loves pickles and tea."

So we shared a pot of tea and they brought out our lunch. They served her favorite pickles in a fancy silver dish.

It was a perfect afternoon with her and somehow my {list} was not very important anymore..

p.s. well, my list may become {important} again...when it's tomorrow morning and no one has socks to wear!

19 comments:

Carri said...

I love pickles also sounds like fun and how cute that they served her pickles in a silver dish.

Heather said...

9 times out of 10 I do the same thing with my list of gotta do items!
{Some things are way more important!}

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Love it-What a great way to spend a day...

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my gosh. I just love her toothless smile. She is beyond precious! : ) You are so right! A perfect day for sure! : )

Darlene said...

What a FABULOUS way to enjoy your day!!! The list will be there tomorrow.......

LuLu said...

oh good for you... tossing aside a schedule for lifes little moments of pickles and tea is so worth it!
can i join you next time?
xo,
LuLu

Kim... and Her Coffee said...

This is so awesome. I love those moments when we embrace the present and enjoy our children.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It looks like you two had a wonderful afternoon!!

Some things are more important than the list:)

Lisa

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

she is gorgeous

Jboo said...

So sweet-- somedays you just have to ignore the list and go with the flow -- or the pickles! What a sweet daughter!

Janet

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon. Kids don't care if their socks are clean, right?

alessandra said...

Very well done!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Ms. Toe...neat!

XO,

Sheila :-)

blessedmomto8 said...

Sandy,

Just lived that day through you! THANK YOU! SOUNDS GLORIOUS!

Jen

Lindsey said...

Yum! I'm craving pickles now!

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Oh, how sweet! That is so cute about the pickles, and how fun that they remembered she liked them! :) I am so glad you had such a special time with your daughter! How precious she is in that picture! :)

Lisa & Gerald said...

Just a beautiful day to be away from that list that never ends..Do a little shopping and go for a beautiful lunch..With the sweetest little girl...I know the feeling..The list will be there in the morning...and yep socks need to be washed..Oh I know ..lol well you have a wonderful weekend..Enjoy..Hugs...

Ruth said...

What a sweet and wonderful time. I love everything Anthropolgie but have never been. I've only admired from a distance through their catalogs and website.

Ruth

whimzie said...

The days you toss the schedule away are the ones she'll remember and cherish forever.