shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Seasons...

There are many "seasons" of life some are short and some seem to last forever. The past month or so I have realized that I am turning a "page" to parenting. The younger years are exhausting...it's just plain work. When you are in the "trenches" of babies and toddlers..you look beyond and have moments of thoughts. "I can't wait till they can zip their own coat".."One day I will wear a sweater without spots and drool"... "I will get sleep one day!"...

But, that "season" ends quick. Then you find yourself in a different season. You look back at those baby and toddler years fondly and quietly wish you were still there. You reach to help your daughter with her coat and she says "Mom, stop I like it that way...I can do it.". Your kids actually are asleep ALL night BUT you are NOT b/c you are thinking, worrying and praying for them. You finally are wearing sweaters with necklaces that match but you can't find that bracelet because your daughter wore it to school that day.

Yesterday, I had a young mom(ugh, I used young mom) come up to me and tell me she can't wait to help at the school once her kids are older. She went on about how she will then have the energy to do it. As I drove home, I thought about it. I wish I could of told that mom...it won't be easier just different. As my kids get older, they seem to need more attention. They need that "talk" time and one on one. Don't we all have the mentality that the "Grass is Greener on the other side".

Well enough "deep thoughts" from Miss Sandy Toes...how about a cake that is so divine it melts in your mouth. Go here....it's a pumpkin poke cake!

In this picture, I have poked the holes put the condensed milk and carmel(do I need to say more???)..it's just missing the icing!