shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

"The House That built me"

I am a "crier"...big time! I cry at all Hallmark commercials even if I have seen them before! I cry at all movies even cartoons...Bambi could put me in a crying "tizzy" and don't even try to make me watch "Anne Of Green Gables" because it's all over! I cannot even be in the same room when my girls watch the American Girl movies. All of sudden, they will stop watching the movie and WATCH me because their mother is over there on the coach bawling like a baby.

Songs can make the flood gates open too. There is song right now that literally makes me cry tears in my car every TIME I listen to it. It's totally crazy! I met a friend for a lunch and heard the song right before I pulled up. I had tears streaming down my cheek even after a little powder and kleenex. I looked a mess. My friend took one look at me and asked "What is wrong?". I laughed it off.."Oh, I just heard a song on the radio!". She gave me a raised eyebrow look and wonder. Yep, that is me!

I heard it again today (same effect just another day!). I love it...listen to the whole song! It makes me think of the house I grew up in and the fingerprints that may still be there or my dead parakeet buried in the back yard, maybe a piece of that green shag carpet or maybe remnants of our above-ground pool...all wonderful memories!

Make Sure You Turn off My Music!



post signature


12 comments:

Angie said...

I have never heard that song before. Loved the song and the video! I 'bout cried too!

Kimberlee Jost said...

I love that song. Every time it comes on the radio I am a puddle of a mess!

"Daddy gave life to momma's dream." Are you kidding me??? WHAAA!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Beautiful song. I'd love to poke around the house I grew up in. I loved my childhood and that house.

Windy said...

I love it, too! Sometimes when I'm in the area, I drive by the house I grew up in and the neighborhood. I have a few minutes of wonderful memories fill my mind:)

Dot O said...

This song has hit home with me since the day I first heard it. We moved out of my childhood home six weeks before I got married - my parents had sold it and were moving to an adult community.

I have never had the chance to go back and visit or, or take my kids inside to see where I spent all of my growing up years. The house is only five minutes from where I live now but a visit just never happened. I have 3-4 house dreams a year, where I go back to my house to visit or to move back into it, and it's not the same at all.

I love this song so much!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I LOVE this song! It reminds me of great childhood memories. I would love to visit my childhood home.

April said...

I am a huge Miranda Lambert fan! Just like you, every time I hear this song on the radio, I burst into tears. Lots of memories from my childhood come flooding back. What I'd give to be able to visit the houses I grew up in, again!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I LOVE that song, too-It makes me cry, as well as many other things, too!
There is a verse in the book of John, and it says, "Cross over from death to life"-every time I read it, I start crying!!!
It just means so much to me-

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite songs! It's especially meaningful right now since my Grannie died and her house is in limbo. My Dad is trying to buy it. I grew up in her house and it has a lot of sentimental value.

Don't feel bad...there is rarely a movie out there that doesn't make me cry. I've become a real sap!

the gierlack's said...

what a beautiful song. Dont forget about the woods we used to play in and your playhouse too! oh and the pear trees we used to climb and pick pears from.
That little girl in the video looks so similar to you when you were that age. so cute!

Nicole Egerer said...

I am the totally the same way! My husband likes to tease me because I even cried at the end of 'Elf'!
(It was a happy ending, okay!?)

I think a good cry is perfectly fine! Thanks for sharing; I'll have to listen to the song now and have a good one myself :)

Kind Regards,
Nicole

Kat said...

I love this song, it totally gets me everytime too! I am the same way with the floodgates... country songs are notorious for disolving me into puddles of tears... :)