shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

sugar & spice.


I have two girls. My oldest is always full of surprises. Sometimes I "stand" back in awe with her...we are very different! She is fly by the seat type of girl. Loves life....not much bothers her...Can function well with piles of stuff...Everything is a treasure and the love of her life!

Sometimes I walk in her room and I swear she shops at night. I don't know how all this stuff multiplies! She keeps every piece of paper...every drawing...all containers...all threads...every school paper with every sticker. She has a huge imagination and sometimes I wonder what her {imaginations} are in her room.

sometimes a teacher, a pioneer girl (i am sure!), a mother, a vet, a shop owner or even an artist...

As a mom, I can become easily frustrated with her and her room but other times I walk in and almost feel like I am on the pages of a "Fancy Nancy" book. She is pure drama at a seconds notice but full of love and quick to forgive.

One night, she told me that she wants a {best friend} like Anne of Green Gables had. A kindred spirit! I told her that if I was her age...I would want to be her best friend. She was surprised by that answer but it's so very true.

post signature

5 comments:

Tara G. said...

I have a sneaking suspicion she is more like you than you think! :) This is a sweet post!!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Awwwww...

My daughters keep EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING!

I can't wait for my daughters to read Anne of Green Gables. Wonder if they will like it as much as I did.

:)

Ruth said...

How very sweet. My daughter was the same way. She is 17 now. It is amazing how fast they grow.

Ruth

April said...

This is such a sweet post! As I've said so very often...these are the times that memories are made from...ENJOY to the max!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be younger and be her best friend like Anne NaNa