shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Nametags and "never"




A couple of years ago, I tried, endeavored, attempted to home school my kids. I am a teacher by trade. So my first day of home schooling, I had name tags on the desk and a BIG ole Huge sign that said "Welcome!". My two kids at that time sat down and I took attendance. I am sure somewhere in my pile of stuff...I had "tardy slips" ready to go. Yep, I sure did!

Our first assignment was to do a poster "About Me". Oh..it makes me laugh- here we three sat as we knew everything about each other doing a poster about our "favorites". I was there when they were born and we all knew each others favorite foods,color and how many family members they had. It makes me laugh thinking about it.

Our day started promptly at 8:00am and ended at 4:00 with a lunch and recess break and my whistle around my neck. We stood for the Pledge of Allegiance and ate a snack promptly at 10:30 on their rug mats. Well, to say no more, this lasted maybe 4 days until I called the principal and re-enrolled them. As I dropped them off, I remember saying I will "never" home school" again.

Fast forward four years and I am 'eating' those words! We have decided to home school our kids next year. I am scared, sad, excited...every emotion! I know it works...I know the results...but I constantly question will it work for us?

I have three teaching degrees and I have taught classes with 28+ students but somehow teaching my 3 kids scares me to death.

So I guess this little blog of mine- may be changing a bit as you adventure with me down this road of "home schooling". I may have to change the title of this blog to "Shells Academy"!

post signature