shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Not your normal {Broth}




I am thrilled to be part of the Knorr Four Recipe Contest hosted by Blogher! I was sent the new Knorr Homestyle Stock. It is full of the perfect herbs and vegetables and taste just like a stock made from scratch. Each little tub makes 3 1/2 cups of broth and is a much better value than cans! I loved it because it can be diluted with almost any liquid and was perfect in my "cheese" sauce!

I remember my grandmother making a similar recipe. But, this is my own recipe that I have changed here and there as the years have passed. It's a great casserole that has a wonderful homemade taste filled with great stuff like cheese, chicken and wild rice.

"Home style Wild Rice and Chicken Casserole"

(Prep time-25 minutes; Bake time-30 minutes; Serves- 10 to 12 people)

Ingredients:

4 T of oil

1 cup onion (diced)

1 cup of carrots (chopped)

3 cloves of garlic (minced)

2 cups cooked chicken (chopped)

3 cups of prepared wild rice

1 tsp. of salt and pepper

Sauce:

5 T butter

1/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp. of pepper and salt

2 cups of Knorr Homestyle Stock prepared

2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

* Preheat the oven to 350. In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots and garlic until it is soft. Stir in cooked chicken, rice and spices. Set aside while making sauce.* To make sauce- Melt butter over medium heat in saucepan. Stir in flour, salt and pepper then slowly stir in Knorr Homestyle Stock. Stir until thick and then stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheese until melted. Pour sauce into rice mixture and put in "sprayed" 9x13 baking dish.

Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over casserole and bake for 30 minutes.

Serve with side salad and bread. Enjoy!

post signature

5 comments:

Mari said...

The recipe looks wonderful and so does that broth. I'll be looking for it in my store!

Kristen said...

Mmmmmmm.....can you make me one??? ;)

Kitty Deschanel said...

Good morning! Can you please tell me if you were able to submit this entry yet? Each time I try, I receive an error that I'm not authorized to access the page, even though I'm signed in to BlogHer.

Thanks so much! Maybe we'll meet in San Diego :)

lambaround at gmail dot com

Nichole said...

Oh, that looks really good! Best of luck!

marlowe said...

Always looking for something new. This looks great!