shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

{Saturday}


It was 8:55am and everyone was still asleep. I "sneeked" out and went to our local farmer's market. The moment I opened my van door, I knew the "bread man" was there today. He bakes bread in a big ole stone oven with a hint of bacon and tuscan mixed. He also makes a dressing that is to die for!!!

After, the farmer's market...I drove around and got my first iced latte this summer. Can you believe it was my first? It was a treat!

Then right around the corner, I went and picked up a book on hold at the library. I have been waiting for this book for weeks! Finally, it was in! "A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg~

"...she found herself peering through windows of chocolate shops...tasting cheeses at outdoor markets until one evening when she sat in the Luxembourg Gardens reading cookbooks until it was dark to see, she realized that her heart was not in her studies but in the kitchen."

I can't wait to dive into this book with all it's recipes, tips and delightful reads~

Off to enjoy this 90 degree weather in the pool with splashing kids and a good "read"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me! I LOVE going to the local Farmer's Market as well!!

whimzie said...

I just added that book to my Want to Read list. Looks like one I'd love.

I love whatever photo app you used for your pictures in this post!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like a good read...I am off to hunt for it!