shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Preparing...




We have started our Jesse Tree. It is wonderful activity that allows the kids and parents to read through the Bible in preparing for Christ's birth. It begins at Creation and goes through the royal line of David, Elijah, Jeremiah, Angels and much, much more. Each day, we read a passage in the Bible and a short page on that day. Sometimes, we have questions to discuss and prayer.



After we are done reading, my kids hang the ornament that matches that day. It's a very simple activity but teaches the kids about the season and a Biblical view about Christmas. The Jesse Tree seems to be becoming more popular. You can buy books and even a felt kit. Our book is by Raymond and Georgene Anderson and it's just paper. Cut out the ornaments and tie it with a ribbon!It's something different and helps you to remember the great prophesies that were fulfilled and our strong heritage.

post signature

3 comments:

PandaMom said...

Well, Miss Sandy Toes....it's nice to see you on my blog! I do love my leopard stocking and it's fun to know someone else appreciates it, too! You have beautiful children! ; )

Amy Sullivan said...

I just read another post on Advent, and I really want to incorporate something into our lives every year during Advent.

Thanks for the ideas.

Nicolle said...

I went today to find an Advent calendar, and everyone is sold out. I know I'm a few days late. Darn! I think it's so important to teach our children the biblical meaning behind Christmas!