shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

My Morning Smoothie...


A while back, we made the investment in one of the fancy-snazzy juicer/blender machines.  I was a little nervous b/c I am notorious for buying a "gadget" that I think I need but never use! However, this one has been different! We have been pretty faithful around here in making fruit smoothies and drinks for breakfast.


I was determined NOT to add any ice cream, milks and very little yogurt to not make our "Healthy" drinks not so healthy.  Plus if my kids get a "taste" for something sugary they won't think my "healthy" drink is so good anymore! 

Our favorite smoothie drink is:

1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of strawberries
one banana
one apple
lots of ice
1/2 cup of water

...that's it! Of course, the taste of the smoothie depends on the sweetness of the fruit.  But, usually the drink will taste yummy all the time.  I made these all winter long and they were good...I am looking forward to SUMMER and buying in season fruit.  I am sure the drinks will be even more amazing!


I also add spinach to mine sometimes.  My kids won't touch it if it's green. Why do kids hate "GREEN"??  I think the smoothie is almost better with spinach...a tinge of a different taste!


For our family, I have found that this is a great way to get some "good food" into my kids.  I haven't been super creative with my drinks but it has worked for us.  They are a great start to our day and very easy to make.  Cleaning the blender is quick and simple which makes it nice.  That's what keeps me coming back for more!



 photo signature_zps50f9e3fe.png

No comments: