shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Full of wax...

That cheese above looks innocent enough???It's really a good cheese and perfect for lunches and a quick afternoon snack. You can even buy them at bulk at Costco. My kids love it...well, I think they do. I am not sure if they really like the cheese but they beg to have it in their lunch all the time. I know you are thinking..."Why? If they don't like it."

It really doesn't matter what kind of cheese is in each one...it could be bleu cheese, cheddar cheese or EVEN brie. They like it for the wax! Yep, you read right....the WaX!

Each little cheese is covered in a wax that is peeled off before you eat. This wax can be found in many places in my home and can "become" many things like...

little boomerangs, little pellets (to throw at little sister), formed into a vase or a hat, or even just collected to make a BIG ole' ball of wax

I found out by one of my kids that their sibling was not eating the cheese but merely collecting the wax to make things. Yep, $6.99 for a little bag...just to make ninja stars! This makes me look at all the items in their lunch box- do they eat it or do they "create" with it????

post signature

p.s. If you have a Trader Joe by you- pick up a bag of these cute, little potatoes. They are super tiny and come in a little yellow net bag. You just toss them in olive oil, mix salt/pepper and crushed garlic. Lay them out on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until tender. They are so VERY yummy + perfect with chicken! I could make a meal of just these little potatoes!


6 comments:

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

We love the Babybel cheese too! I remember eating it as a child and just loving playing with the wax (this was eons ago!). My girls love it .... or at least I think they do! They might be doing the same thing...collecting the wax! LOL!

April said...

Whew...I thought you were going to tell us that your kids were EATING the wax! :) Oh, those potatoes look so good! I can never get enough of starches!

Shell in your Pocket said...

thanks

Heather Mattern said...

Yummy! We love Trader Joes! Stop by www.rainingsilence.com, I have given you an award. You are an inspiration!

JoAnna said...

i so loved that cheese as a kid just because of the wax. what kid doesn't find that fascinating????

i love your title as i come from a beach area and know a thing about sand in the shoes bringing you back to the beach!

and i love to roast potatoes, particularly without peeling them, so i might have to investigate this!

Anonymous said...

That's funny about the wax!

Those potatoes look so good!