shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Nestle In...


 
This weekend, I picked up my daughter from my parents house in Michigan. My parents and I joke around about the commercials for "PureMichigan"- all the time! But, driving up to my parents place I was thinking about how truly amazing my parents place represents the "Pure" in Michigan.



When I was in highschool, my parents announced that they were going to build a new home out in "nowhere" land and about 45 minutes away from all living society!  As a freshman in highschool, I was not happy that I moved away from all my friends and commuted 45 minutes to school everyday.  I remember one day being in class and I had a pine needle stuck in my hair (I thought it was a bug)...it just reminded me how much I hated our new "adventure". But, now, I would do almost anything to sit in one of their "stick" chairs and read a book. 


My parents home is nestled in 10 plus acres of deep woods and rolling green grass...to the east is a lake...to the north is their pond and a rushing river that truly has some of the best fly fishing around.  There is more wildlife than on a National Geographic and when you walk their paths...you smell some of the sweetest smells.

I walked out on my balcony from my "childhood" bedroom and my perspective of this amazing place has changed so much.  I remember sitting on my balcony while in highschool thinking "Somewhere out beyond all these pinetrees..about 25 miles away is a Mall!!!" Now, I could just nestle in a chair and soak in all the sounds of wildlife and RELAX!




post signature