shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Snow "Ice Cream" or Not!

We got a lot of snow!!  
But, everyone at my house is hacking, sniffing and blowing except my son.  So he is really the only one who can go outside and be in the snow... His dad flew into Chicago this morning so I think he knows that's it's only minutes till he has to go out and shovel our driveway.

But, anyways, the girls are sad that they can't get out there and sled.  So I told my youngest that we could make snow ice cream.  I think by now everyone knows what that is.  I searched some recipes and did you know that Paula Deen even has a "snow" ice cream recipe.  Of course, it asks for a can of sweet condensed milk and I am NOT one who has that hanging around in my pantry.  There are even recipes for snow ice cream WITHOUT eating the snow using salt.  I wouldn't recommend eating dishes and dishes of snow ice cream but I think eating one bowl for the fun of it- is A-OKAY!  My goodness, according to the news, we have all probaly been eating horse meat.  For some reason, I will take a little snow over horse meat!


So you just need Clean snow(about 3 cups), 2 tablespoons of milk, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract(that is what gives the snow a little color).  Mix all the ingredients together, taste it, and add more sugar or vanilla if needed.  We throw in a few chocolate chips or sprinkles to make it extra fun.  

I would love to say that we had a jolly ole Snow Cream Type of Day BUT my kids are getting older.  So the thought of eating snow is not as appealing.  My youngest thought it was still fun and piled on the chocolate chips.  But, my other daughter talked about the neighbor's dog who could of come on our drive way {You know where she is going with that} and my son ate a donut hole and didn't even glance towards the Snow Cream.  

Oh well, my youngest loved it and even though the kids are getting older and not so excited about snow cream...we sat in the kitchen in the morning and talked...even better!

No comments: