shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

New "Bloggy Home" and TJ


I have a "new bloggy home" thanks to Life Made Lovely!  I love it and I miss blogging so much!  So I am going to try to get back into the swing of things around here in my new little, fun *spot*! 

I have always loved Trader Joes.  But, over the past few months, I have been going there on a regular basis.  My family has really gotten attached to some of the yummy food there and I love all the fresh veggies and fruit of course a dark chocolate almond isn't too bad either!


My friend and I went there on Wednesday night.  I think we walked around that store and filled our carts at least three times.  I would put something in the cart and then hand her one and she would grab something and I would take "one".  We feed off each other.  

Right smack in the middle of the nut/fruit aisle, she was telling me about a snack recipe with coconut.  I was taking pictures of her recipe with my phone and we were having a major conversation about it in the store.  It's like we were the only ones there! The *craziest* thing is that this was her first time at Trader Joes- she was like a child in a candy shop but her candy was "nuts" and Chai tea!


So I made it today!  It is like Almond Joy meets Flax Seed!  They are yummy and maybe a little dangerous, too! They are easy to make.  Of course, I can be such a "sprawled" out cook- I had every drawer, cabinet and ingredient open and out.  My kitchen looked like I was making a 7 course meal... I think I even had coconut oil on my phone...oops!


Energy Bites
Mix together
1 cup oats
2/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/3 cup honey
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup cacao nibs (or mini chocolate chips)
Stir together, Using about a tablespoon of mixture-form into a ball, Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Watch them disappear!
(Weight Watcher Plus Points=6 points)

Well, here's to more bloggin' and energy bites! See you soon!
 
 photo signature_zps50f9e3fe.png

No comments: