shells in your pocket header  photo homecopy_zpsfb4a2569.png photo about_zps830e372c.png photo hello_zps830e372c.png photo kitchen_zps99b973df.png photo homeschooling_zpsa379c641.png photo linklove_zpsc7adec01.png

Popover Fun!



I have been on a HUGE Popover kick!  Popovers are a biscuit like bread.  They are great with dinners like pot roast or chili.  We love them for breakfast with cinnamon butter.  There are so many different variations of popovers from the basic to the more complex ones.

The secret to great Popovers is a very HOT oven and light on "mixing".  I also follow the rule that you don't OPEN the oven door while it's baking!  If you follow these simple rules, you will have airy and light popovers!

I have been making basic ones.  But, if you get on Pinterest, you can read about those who add everything to their popovers from blueberries, cream, vanilla extract to chocolate chips.  Popovers are super easy to make and very few ingredients!  When I started my popover baking, I used a regular muffin pan which did work!  Does the "popover" special pan work better??? Well, yes but not completely necessary at all!

I had a hard time finding a "popover" pan so I ended up ordering it here on Amazon.


Popovers taste better if they are warm in my opinion.  I don't like cold popovers at all!  They are really "bland" if you eat them alone without some type of flavored butter.  If you go to my Pinterest board, I have pinned all kinds of Popover recipes---I am going to try to make Strawberry Shortcake with popovers...I think that could be totally delish!


Recipe for Popovers
2 eggs
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk 
1/4 tsp of salt

Preheat oven to 450; Stick you pan in the oven (greased) while the oven is warming up; Mix all the ingredients together(be careful to not over mix!); Take out "hot" pan and pour mixture into 6 muffin halfway; Put in oven for 20 minutes: DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR;Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 20 minutes; Remove immediately and serve!
 photo signature_zps50f9e3fe.png

No comments: